The wheels go round; so do the people

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The wheels go round; so do the people
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:46:19 -0500
Jeff Hacker wrote:
*just to add to this thread...  I bought a series IV a couple of years
*ago -
*it had early 90's Ford Tempo alum. wheels. (TRX wheels a think)
*P.O. thought they looked cool - I thought it was just ugly. Needless to
*say , the wheels were not on there very long after it arrived in my
*garage...

I'd agree with you, but: When I was at United XX, I was surprised at
owner's wheel choices. I'd say it was a 3-way split between- a) stock,
meaning steel or LAT wheels, b) Panasports/Minilites (way cool), c)
modern-style alloys that I would think more appropriate on a Mitsubishi
Eclipse. My favorites, the period wheels like Libras, Revolutions or
Cosmics, came in dead last by my wild-guess poll. Just shows that tastes
vary; even saw TRX wheels with their odd-size (390mm?) tires.

A couple of folks wrote:

"crock" (SNIP) "belly-aching" (SNIP) "personal problems"

Eh, the whole thread seems to have locked up & slid into a ditch. Some
of the rest of us can wait for a factual comparison test or Steve
Laifman's mathematical proof of what's the optimal brake set-up. As
someone who'll be shortly dabbling with his brakes _again_, I really
want to know.

The Chance card reads: "E-mail down, you have to figure out what's wrong
with car yourself. Lose one turn."

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP