Re: TE/AE Tigers United

To: "Tom Hall" <modtiger@engravers.com>, "Paul Reisentz" <PLRRESTO@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: TE/AE Tigers United
From: "Kirk G. Even" <keven@eagle1.eaglenet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:28:26 -0400
Tim wrote:

> The quick and detailed response about your trip back to Maryland for
Tigers

Dick wrote:

> Good for you Kirk!  I think you're catching on to how this list works!
>
> Dick

I understand the political contentions with TAC, but I don't understand the
judgement of Tom Hall himself by members of this group.  One day I expect
to be judged, hopefully by God, for what I have done or what I believe
in... not by my peers.  If there are to be contentions with Tom Hall and
his program then lay them out for all to see, but throwing rabbit punches
will resolve nothing.  We all have the ability to rationalize our views and
putting them into reasonable written format, devoid of anger, will gain the
greatest support for your cause(s).  You may find Tom to be receptive of
logical criticism and/or debate and open to change... but if you incite a
riot... the results will speak for themselves.

For all any of us know, Tom Hall may be on vacation and unable to write a
response to the original question... did that figure into anyone's
equation?

As the coordinator for the TE/AE United XX I was contacted by Tom Hall and
Paul Reisentz and the posibility of TAC participating in our event.  This
was discussed amongst the officers of our club and the committee for the
United and it was agreed that TAC could perform their service at our show,
without a full endorsement, but welcome nonetheless.  The idea being that
feedback from our members would determine the future involvement of the
program with our Uniteds of the future.  From my perspective, Tom's group
operated their program within the boundaries they said they would and, as
yet, I have heard no negative feedback, but I have heard several positive
comments.

In all, 10 Tigers were inspected and authenticated at our show and another
5 were inspected and authenticated off site.

I love cars in general and Sunbeams in particular, so we are all starting
off on common ground which is what I am to believe this group is about and
I have seen volumes of productive discussion pass across my screen.  If
after reading this and you wish to judge me, I encourage you to meet me
first.  For all any of you know I might be a 5' 6", 140 lb, pencil necked
geek or I might be a 6' 2", 250 lb, barbell eater... or something in
between.

Let's keep this in an open forum and maybe we can make more improvements to
the Marque and our respective clubs.

Best regards, Kirk Even