Re: American Racing Center caps

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: American Racing Center caps
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 07:47:04 -0400
No. I had the real mag wheels too, but they were pitted, and I thought
that they would be impractical for NE roads, so I sold them off, but for
some reason, I kept one cap. I had bought the other two from a speed
shop's catalog about the same time, maybe 25 yrs ago. They fastenened by
a screw that went from the back of the wheel, thru a thin round metal
insert in the wheel, into the backside center of the plastic hub. There
are three little plastic pips that go into corresponding holes in the
metal disc to keep it from turning. The caps are embossed w/ a blue semi
circle over a red one, with a red star on one side and a blue star on
the other, lettered w/American racing Equipment. The mag wheels were
bolt ons, not knock offs.
Al J.