RE: Too Quiet on the List...

To: DrMayf@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Too Quiet on the List...
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:13:04 -0700
Okay, I'll take a swing at that one. How about if we revive the rear axle
location debate? It's only been a few months since that one has been pounded to
a pulp on the list, but I would like to up the ante with this:

Does anyone have a concise description of how to locate the roll center of a
Mumford link? It's a rear axle lateral locating device that was used on recent
Mallock sports racers and the subject of an article in Racecar Engineering a few
years ago. Because it creates a virtual pivot point (similar to what A-arms do
in the front), you can locate the roll center anywhere. Four feet up. On the
pavement. Below the pavement (can you say oversteer?).

Tigers need a Mumford link because: 1. It's British. 2. All your friends will
spend hours trying to figure out what it does. 3. It's actually an excellent way
to locate the rear end if you decide the stock Panhard rod is not for you.

I can put together a Word doc for anyone who wants a picture of what the general
arrangement is, and if your email can take M$ attachments.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705