Sunbeam calendar

To: semeraro@erols.com
Subject: Sunbeam calendar
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:57:59 -0600
Regarding a Sunbeam Calendar for 1999 Steve Semeraro wrote to the Alpine
list:

> Well, six people e-mailed that they would go for the $15 to $20 bucks
for a calendar.  Unfortunately, to get the unit price down to that
range, we'd need to get around 20 orders.  I'd be happy to organize this
effort if there's a little more interest.  Any takers? ... <

Hey Steve,

I would likely go for one or more of the calendars depending on the
source of the photos. I would not be interested if the photos were
assembled by one of the clubs and submitted en mass but would like it if
a broad cross section of Sunbeams--"proper" Alpine, Series Alpine(s),
Tiger(s), maybe an autocross car, and maybe a couple of real old
cars--were to be used.

I would be likely to sign up for multiple copies if there were a price
break for higher quantities... 1 calendar for $15, 2 for $26, 3 for $33,
or whatever.

Will the calendar include annotations of significant Sunbeam dates? You
know, SUNI, etc... I think that would be pretty good.

I will sign up for one calendar once the source of photos is determined.
More based on how the above questions are answered.

(By-the-bye, I find it interesting and puzzling that NONE of the four
major clubs I belong to (TE/AE, CATO, CAT, and STOA) with their many
thousands of dollars in their treasuries and their many hundreds of
members are willing to tackle a calendar. Noooo! It is the listers who
will have to get the job done! Are traditional clubs going to be killed
off by the vitality of the online community? Maybe so, that would
explain why the clubs are reluctant to list members e-mail addresses on
their rosters and why they refuse to list club officer's e-mail
addresses in their newsletters.)

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'65 Tiger MKI & '67 Alpine SV