How about a 1999 "IRS and other Tiger suspension tweaks" calendar

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: How about a 1999 "IRS and other Tiger suspension tweaks" calendar
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 06:51:53 -0600
DrMayf wrote:
*Would there be any interest in forming a task force or suspension team
or
*subteams to design the various systems and then provide them to the
list and
*all clubs for free?

Sorry; all I'm qualified to provide is the "bench racing and opinions"
part. :-(
Don't give up, though, on this; it's a worthwhile project, so badger our
"experts" until they join in, or they won't have "critique rights"
later. BTW, a comment that Steve Laifman made about 4" half-shafts got
me to thinking about Jag, T-Bird, or other IRS swap-ins; all of these
cars are much wider than a Tiger, and a fair amount of fabrication would
be required. Now, I think they do that in the hot-rod community when
putting Jag rears under T-buckets (hey, do _they_ use a kit?), but it's
done for looks, not handling. You guys can figure the +/- of the
extra-short A-arms & the effect on geometry.

Colin Cobb wrote:
*I would likely go for one or more of the calendars depending on the
*source of the photos.

Count me in for 1+, for sure. Oh, and could it have Julian dates? BTW,
I'll be chopping up my expired TE/AE calendar, and as soon as I get more
cheapo 8x10 picture frames, some of your cars will feature on my garage
walls (there's still some space left). Right now, I'm looking at my C&S
magazine calendar, for the next 2 months I have to look at a Citroen SM.
Ugh! Gotta have a Sunbeam calendar!

George Phemister wrote:
*Speedvision Legends of Motorsports "Geneva Rallye of 1964". Watch for
it: it
*was made by Rootes and is heavy on Tigers!

I assume this is the same film that's part of the "Take Five" video that
SS and/or CAT was selling? I think it was called "The Tiger Sharpens Its
Claws"; I recommend it even though the background music is doofy.

And I just got my latest Triple-C catalog (no, I'm not on their
payroll), and they kept their promise; there is indeed a Tiger T-shirt
on the cover. As they told me earlier, they forgot to put the info on
ordering it inside, so you'll have to call or e-mail to get the stock #
and price. White shirt, face-on tiger head surrounded by flames (?), and
the Sunbeam Tiger logo underneath.

And finally, a blanket apology for all of the posts; I must be going
through a chatty phase. I'm a moody SOB, and will probably clam up soon
(yea!).

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP