Re: No Tiger Content on brakes

To: mjsutter@cts.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: No Tiger Content on brakes
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:11:30 EST
On the Ford brakes----

  I've got a friend with a 93 Taurus.  She's put 50,000 miles on the brake
pads and there's almost no wear showing on the front pads.  It's suprised me
because she drives like a maniac (extremely hard on brakes).  One rotor,
though, is starting to thump and should be turned.
  Most of these US rigs have the sliding disks with a piston on only one side.
In my experience these seem more likely to warp rotors.  I don't think I've
ever had brakes with pistons on both sides that warped rotors.  They usually
just wore them down to nothing. Probably because they also had metalic
composition pads.   Mark L.