Re: wymsical trivia(no tiger content)

To: Armand & Lorie Ritchie <ritchie@mcn.org>
Subject: Re: wymsical trivia(no tiger content)
From: "tim vb-o'brien" <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 08:45:49 -0700
Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

> I had a flash from the past this morning don't ask me why.  When I was a
> lad and lived in the San Francisco Bay area, we took delight in driving
> around S F on weekends and looking at the sights.  One day we noticed that
> there wasn't a 13th street.  We then looked for 13th avenue, nothing.  Also
> none of the tall buildings had a thirteenth floor.  Is this common in other
> cities as well?
>
> ritchie@mcn.org
> Armand & Lorie Ritchie
Of course, here in San Jose (a much bigger city than San Francisco) we
do have a 13th St.
I have noticed a lot of that in Japan. No number 13 floor in the Century
Hyatt in downtown Tokyo. My old man told me (unsubstanciated) the the
Japanese numbering systen excludes '9'(death) from their hotel floors.
So I would assume people could be on different floors depending on which
numbering system they were looking at.

tim