Re: NO LUCAS

To: Jay Laifman <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>,
Subject: Re: NO LUCAS
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 08:40:37 -0800

Jay Laifman wrote:

> On the way home last Friday night, I saw a license plate that said "NO
> LUCAS" on a Miata!
>
> Ok, flame me, flame Miatas.  I got a big kick out of it.
>
> Jay

Thought this 'sighting' by someone named 'Jay' was notable enough to
forward.  Can't see any reason for flames.  After all, not having Lucas
Electrics is the only good feature the 'little pretender' has.

Actually, I liked the Supercharged, air conditioned, stick Miata a lot.
Was thinking of it before I bought the Tiger.  Went to the agency and
took it for a spin.  Since I wanted the wife's opinion we didn't even get
a salesman accompanying us  {9->.

Car went well, looked good, handled good. Started looking forward to
weekends in Palm Springs, Arrowhead Mountain, Santa Barbara, Pebble
Beach.  Looked behind the seat and found there was room for a couple of
handkerchiefs, if the top was up.

So, I went to the trunk.  After one car cover was put in, that's it.

I guess it's OK for shopping, as long as you don't buy anything.  Forget
taking home those little paper boxes from the Chinese Restaurant, unless
one of you runs home alongside.

Well, at least it doesn't have Lucas.

{9->

Steve (no relation) Laifman