Gauge Lighting

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gauge Lighting
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:16:18 -0800 (PST)
A few years ago I had to repair the snake's oil pressure gauge.  While I
was at it I cleaned up the inside including the face and glass.  After
the gauge was re-installed, I was amazed at the difference in brightness
between it and the others gauges at night.  As a result I pulled all of
the gauges (a monumental pain) and gave them the same treatment.  Prior
to this some of these gauges were virtually impossible to read at night
even with the rheostat set to full brightness.  While all of the gauges
are American made Stewart Warners, the dash lighting is all Lucas, so I
had always blamed the Prince of Darkness for this problem.  But now all
of the gauges are easy to read at night even with the brightness set to
a minimum level.  All of these gauges have blue filters, BTW.

Roland