inquiry 111398b

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: inquiry 111398b
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 07:00:44 -0600

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

a) In case you haven't already heard, there's yet another miniature
Sunbeam out there. This time it's from Johnny Lightning, whom I thought
had been discontinued back in the 1960's. It's the Alpine from the James
Bond movie Dr. No. However, from the one picture I've seen, it's not a
SI or SII, it's more like a SIV or SV, due to the short fins plus the
presence of a front quarter window; also way too dark a shade of blue.
Who cares? These just surface on the Internet auctions "eBay", prices
are a mite silly. So I contacted the manufacturer, asking for the stock
number and which store chains picked up the line. I'll pass the info
along. Here's a related website:

 http://members.spree.com/sip/sillypuppy/lookout.htm

b) No word yet on the 1/43 Tiger (K&R?) kit.

c) My 1/43 Tiger sits front-and-center in my collection, just bought
another kit to build; this time a 289 Cobra (harder to find than 427's).
Question: if I wanted it to represent Roland's "patina Cobra", like in
the pic on Mark's website, what color should I paint it?

Chance card: Get RTV on fingers, cannot roll dice, miss a turn while
getting fingers clean.

Special question for Steve: "the war with Spain"? For the UK? That's not
1898, that would be the Napoleonic wars, or before? Deuced _old_ tar,
then!

*Why didn't Rootes use it?
*Answer:  Too much War Surplus burlap, canvas, moldy rubber,
*and khaki paint was still on the market at bargain rates.
*Some tar, from the war with Spain, was also available from
*Navy surplus.