Re: inquiry 112398b

To: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 112398b
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:55:22 -0500

"Wright, Larry" wrote:

> III) Rear springs                       Dale? CAT?              ??

I had new top leafs made for my stock springs. I had the small eye
put on both ends placing the front eye under the spring thus reducing
under steer. $25-30 each

> IV) oversized front swaybar     ??                      ??

J C Whitney - They are Addco bars and use Dales mounts.

> XI) new rear 2.88 gears         ??                      ??

2.88 is not for Auto + go at least 3.35 $150

> XII) posi unit                  ??                      ??

Detroit SL (Soft Locker) $450

> XIII) rear axle bearings/seals  ??                      ??

NAPA

> 5) What kind of Mangafluxing or other "activity" should I perform on the
> remaining parts, and where? (As in what kind of businesses should I be
> looking for to do this.) And is this expensive?

You can buy a die kit for about $100 fro the large items and do it your
self.

> 6) The "locking" nuts on the ends of the fulcrum pins don't feel
> reassuring in their "locking ability"; anyone try double-nutting these?
> The plastic bushings are not supposed to be _too_ tight.

I used AN nuts and drilled for safety wire on EVERY THING I did not
want to fall off. ( this was a B@#ch on the front suspension bolts)

> 7) Repeat question: how about ditching the front disc dust shields?

I cleaned mine up powder coated them and put them in a box.

HTH

Doug