Oil filter

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil filter
From: Michael McBeth and Linda Macdonald <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:41:06 -0700
I need a little information on the fittings for the original style oil
filter on my tiger. I have my new '69 302 in the car and am now fussing
with the oil filter assembly. We have fabricated up a mount for a filter
in the original position but it is much easier to change as it is hard
mounted to the block. The problem is connecting the original piece that
bolts onto the block to my new filter base: the thread pattern on the
tubing is not common it seems. Does anyone know what thread is on the
flared tube fittings on the filter assembly, and where I can get a
fitting that will adapt it to SAE or NPT? This is sort of embarassing
since I am a product manager for a flareless tube fitting manufacturer,
but I don't want to guess wrong on the thread.

I am excited to fire up the new engine as it is a beauty and it ran
great on a dyno. Unfortunately I won't get a road test until spring!

Thanks
Michael