inquiry 113098c

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: inquiry 113098c
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:52:46 -0600
a) Thanks, everyone, for the feedback on suspension upgrades. In a week,
+/-, I'll re-post my shopping list with feedback inserted, hoping to
fill in a few blanks. Weekend List comments on IRS reminded me of the
earlier thread on a unit to fit Tigers; I'd like one, but time (won't
wait) and cost (ate into Sunbeam budget on recent house project)
constraints indicate I'll likely as not be enviously looking on when the
1st Tiger IRS units make it into actual cars.

b) I know nothing about Mr. Carlson's personal life or criminal record
beyond the _short_ paragraph Autoweek offered the week Satch was gone; I
just felt the magazine just isn't as much fun to read anymore. Car mag
articles can be pretty dry reading. Satch, Peter Egan of R&T, and P.J.
O'Rourke (ex-sometime-C&D) make up a short list (any others?) who can
write on the subject of cars and perhaps keep a non-gearhead's interest.
A few Listers here could out-write many automotive journalists. Laifman?
Cobb? Looking for a career change?

c) Maryland temps hit 70 yesterday, got the Garage Queen out for one
last drive. The car's purr at 60mph, indicated (about 65 actual)
reinforced my commitment to 2.88's or 3.07 _max_, for new gears. A
couple overtook in a 3-series BMW, jaws dropped so far they looked like
a pair of Grumpy-Lump hood scoops, if bug season wasn't over they'd have
had some involuntary protein intake.

d) Visiting the in-laws over the weekend, I noticed their neighbor's
wife's car had vanity plates. I asked Susan about it, she said it was
the wife's maiden name. I gotta look into this; I kid you not, the plate
read: KLUGE.

e) Applause for Tiger Technologies for their _significant_ discounts on
gifty-type items as listed in the CAT newsletter; I was going to buy a
shirt anyhow, but I circled some more stuff & posted it on our
I-want-this-for-Christmas bulletin board. Susan tires of getting me "car
stuff" but with mail-order at least she doesn't have to brave the
malls...

f) Microsoft Outlook spellcheck suggestion: it says replace "Satch" with
"satiate". No further comment offered.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP