Beck Arnley

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Beck Arnley
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 12:30:00 +0000
About the air filter from GE Johnson for Sunbeam, I don't remember this
manufacturer, but Beck / Arnley was a huge foreign auto parts chain in
the 1960's and 1970s with ads in C&D and Road&Track as well as stores in
Southern Cal, where I grew up. Like any aftermarket jobber, they
contracted with various manufacturers to supply as full a line of auto
parts as they could, maybe adding GE Johnson to, lets say, a line of
Fram or K&N to round out coverage of most cars.

I don't know a comparable store in Cal. today, but in New England, Beck
/ Arnley could be compared with Foreign Autoparts based in Sharon, Mass.