Re: no sunbeam content

To: Jeff Hacker <alpine@kiva.net>
Subject: Re: no sunbeam content
From: "tim vb-o'brien" <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 07:29:58 -0800
Oh yeah... I was driving my wifes 82 Scirrocco up to Burlington VT for a
ski trip. Out on I 89 near Montpilliar or so, the timing pulley fell off
front of the crank. Screwed up the Woodruff key slot. I found everything
but the key, had one in my tool box, put the whole thing together at 8:30
on a Friday evening  on the side of the interstate. Drove into Burlington.
It wasn't a good weekend.
I had to replace the crank. First one I bought was a regrind that ate
thrust washers. Second one had bad journals. Wound up rebuilding the
entire engine on the driveway in Boston in the winter... Bleah!

It was a great winter car but I eventually got rid of it because of
electrical problems.

tim (who drives a toyota now)
66 SV