Re: Tranny Removal/Engine hoist

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com, alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tranny Removal/Engine hoist
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:42:34 EST
I believe a discussion here a while back said the Ford 260/289 was about 525
lbs. stripped and about 600 with accesories on it.  (I'm sure someone will be
good enough to correct me if I'm way off).

A common capacity size seems to abe around 1500 or 2000 lbs.  I guess either
of those should take care of you.  Of course since so many people recommend
takiing the Tiger out from below maybe you'd have to judge the weight of the
vehice if you planned to lift that portion.    Mark L..