Re: Koni part numbers different!

To: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Subject: Re: Koni part numbers different!
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:09:57 -0800

Rande Bellman wrote:

> For those of you with a good source for Koni, their part number for
> Tiger application is 82-1347 for the front and 82-1348 for the rear and
> the street price is between $100-125 per wheel.
> These part numbers are from a 1986 Koni catalog, and they were the ones
> I bought from Rick when he had stock.

Rande,

My numbers do NOT agree with the ones you give, at least for the rears.
Rick did carry a line of Koni's that were NOT the "special" Adjustable
with an external screw fitting on the top of the rod, but required that
the shock be disconnected from the lower support, collapsed, and rotated
to change for wear, not course or ride mods (although they may be the same
thing).  The key here is, although both shocks are 'adjustable', only one
is specifically made for the Tiger/Alpine that has external adjustment.

Just pulled my original Koni rear shock box off the shelf.  I purchased
these adjustable rear shocks from Sunbeam Specialties, and they were part
of the special order.  The come is a boxed set of 2, and are labeled
'SPECIAL "D"'.

Further the printed paste-on label from Koni reads "Koni Special 8210
1164", "Made in Holland 4896"

The label affixed by Rick is:

Sunbeam Specialties
SA51KM Koni large rear shock