Door locks revisited

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Door locks revisited
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:34:06 -0600
Armed with Laifman's page of technical info, I tore into the driver side
door and adjusted the outside latch.  As on the passenger side, the lock
was not connected.  Disassembled the entire outside latch and made some
interesting discoveries.  My locks are not like the one's Steve
described, even though our cars are only 1009 apart.  My locks only
rotate 90 degrees to the right and the key can be removed in this
position.  There is a spring to return the cylinder to vertical.  Can't
see how this lock could ever work on this car.  Possibly why the PO had
the locks disconnected.  No guarantee these are the original locks
either.  Anybody have any ideas here?

Jim Pickard
B9473298