Chrome and Paint

To: "Alpine People (E-mail)" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Chrome and Paint
From: Bill Gullatt <bgullatt@mesahq.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:22:24 -0600
Chrome:
There is an excellent plater in Florence, Alabama. The name is Graves
Plating. I'm not sure of contact info but they do advertise in Hemmings.
They plate any and everything. They even offer a "show" chrome that is very
deep. Have the back sides of your bumpers sandblasted before you have them
plated anywhere. This will ensure that the backs get plated too.

Paint:
Sikkens makes a  putty for filling small imperfections before painting. It
is called Kombi Putti. It is acrylic rather than lacquer based so it won't
shrink. The suggestion to use PPG epoxy primer is something that I always
do. It comes in a variety of colors including black and can be top coated
with any automotive finish. I use it as a base before my urethane primer
filler and as a sealer before my top coat. Great STUFF!

Bill Gullatt
Madison, AL