Fwd: Why Don't you Take it to the Track?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Why Don't you Take it to the Track?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:20:02 EST

--part0_916111200_boundary

From: MWood24020@aol.com
To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Subject: Re: Why Don't you Take it to the Track?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:19:32 EST

In a message dated 1/11/99 3:43:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com writes:

<< Are those requirements true for all tracks?  I always here advertisments on
 the local radio to "bring your car out to see what she'll do" or "take car
 of those grudge matches with friends".  I wanted to take mine one day just
 to see what it runs.  I guess I will only get 1 test run (unless it's a
 total slug - 14.00+).  Were those requirements in force at the tiger drags
 in Solomon Maryland?? >>

When I read the original post I also wondered how all those requirements were
being met by the Wednesday night sport drag guys at Sears Point, as I know
some buddies who run (11.5-13 second "laps") and aren't anywhere close to the
quoted regs. Maybe the serious tech is for NHRA divisional and national races
only? Most of the bracket racing seems to require a coolant catch can and
tight lug nuts, no wobbly wheel bearings and that's about it...
Mike

--part0_916111200_boundary--