more weird car antics(no tiger content)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: more weird car antics(no tiger content)
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 08:34:05 -0800 (PST)
I remember one time a friend and I drove up the California coast in my TR4.
This was about 1965 and it was raining and my windscreen wipers quit (good
old lucas wiper motor) so we put the top down and my friend stood up and
leaned over the windshield with a rag and kept wiping the rain off the
winshield for me so I could see to drive.  We got real wet but it worked
ok.  We got a lot of strange glances from passing cars though.
Another time that same friend and I were driving in his car at night.  (A
31 plymouth sedan with a 392 hemi and a chopped top.)  Anyway his engine
started to sputter and finally quit on a back road miles from anywhere.  We
found out that if he choked the carb it would run. So he had me drive and
he layed on the right fender so he could choke the carb (there wasn't a
hood on it)  And we drove it like that back to his house.  Quite an
adventure that was.  The next day he found out that the fuel pump diaphram
had a hole in it.
The things you do when your young.  I've got a lot more (true) car stories
if anyone wants to hear about them let me know.  regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie