Re: tiger stories

To: Larry Blackman <lb7777@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: tiger stories
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:43:09 -0700
My Tiger Story - Strange but Mostly True:

Three years ago I was in a little museum in Montana called the Museum of
America. I noticed an really old chap sitting looking at a British Motor
Cycle. Since I ride British bikes I stopped to talk to him.

"What do you think of that one?"  I asked. He replied: "I used to build
those."

" You built Triumph bikes? I asked. "No" he said "Engines."

"Oh" I said "Who did you work for?" " Lister" he replied.

"Lister? I didn't know that they built engines." "Of course they did" he
answered rather curtly.

 "What did you work on? I asked " The Lister Tigers. I built the engines
for them."

 "You did?" I asked "I thought that Shelby built those." " Shelby couldn't
build Sh_t." The old guy said." At least not like we could."

" You could build Sh_it?" I asked.  His next crusty remark was a suggestion
that I perform a sexually orientated departure. (This is the untrue part
but it makes a good end to the story)

I did however leave my card with him and asked if he would write to me. He
promised he would . . .  but never did.

Godspeed
Jc