inquiry 011999a

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 011999a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:16:57 -0500
MWood24020@aol.com wrote:
>Kamm refers to the aerodynamic engineer (or whatever they are called, I
told
>you there would be gaps in this story...) who is credited with exposing
the
>aerodynamic benefits of having an abrubt "chop" to a shape. His first
name
>might have been Frederich or Emile, I don't know.

A couple of the coffee-table car books mention Dr. Wunibald Kamm; betcha
he _never_ found his name in the rotary rack of first-name key fobs near
the checkout line at Pep Boys.

Tim Jordan wrote:
>Daytona Coupes, Ferrari 512, Porshe 917 and others
>were developed in 1964 or later.  Any marques use the Kamm earlier?

Again, from the Coffee-table books: the only car he directly contributed
to was the early 1950's Cunningham (C4R?).

Dennis Crimmins wrote:
>I stumbled on a 1963 ford falcon station wagon with a 260 in it.  The
>motor has never been out of the car. (SNIP) I think I'm
>asking folks to talk me out of it.  All comments welcome. (SNIP)
>I could at least move most of my band equipment.

Well, you didn't provide a door count, but even a 4-door Falcon wagon
would be better than another minivan on the planet; go for it. And
wouldn't most early Mustang suspension tweaks bolt right up?

Got up into the low 50's in MD over the weekend, actually got out for 25
miles or so in the Garage Queen one last time before she gets the new
suspension.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP