Re: '66 Tiger for 2K

To: "Tim Jordan" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>, "tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: '66 Tiger for 2K
From: "Chris Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:03:28 -0500
.......filling the brake and clutch, pumping them up.....works ok.....prime
the carb.......wow, the battary has a charge....cranking the
engine.....immediate firing.....die.....another
prime......rummmn....rummn...sounds ok....oil pressure fine.....hmmm what's
this....why does the valve covers say C arr l Shel y??!!?  Re-pump up the
brakes.....off I go....good power....a little hesitation under extreme
acceleration..........I think I'll offer him $1400........he
accepts......(seems to hate the car).........strange Vin#.....oh
rats.....another damn S. African Tiger.....

Chris in Trinidad

----------
> From: Tim Jordan <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
> To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>; Lovelady Diamond / A Diamond Affair
<diamonds@gemgate.com>
> Subject: '66 Tiger for 2K
> Date: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 5:23 PM
>
> Tigers,
> I called the owner/broker/numbskull about the '62 Tiger this a.m.  He
said
> that the newspaper had made a misprint and indeed it is a '66 Tiger.
Next
> question, what is the ID# and JAL#?  Response was "I don't know what that
> is?  "There have been 20 calls for the car this a.m. and no one asked
me".
> I figured that asking for a TAC# would probably overload the guy.  He did
> rattle off some crazy numbers that may have been the license plate # or
> worst a new CA ID#(stolen/ Alger?)  His response on the low $ was that he
> is sick and tired of the Tiger just sitting there and he has too many
cars
> as it is.  Then he puts me on hold (probably one of our compadres foaming
> at the mouth).  After 5 minutes of holding on my cell phone, I call him
> back.  "Oh sorry, I forgot you were on hold".
> Anyway, I set up an appointment to see the car at noon today and offered
> purchase the car if it is real and can be moved without disintegrating.
> So, I show up at noon and he stiffs me.  His underling said that the
Tiger