Re: tiger intake

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com, TIGERS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tiger intake
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:08:27 -0800
At 12:36 AM 1/21/99 -0500, KJENSSEN@aol.com wrote:
>I am trying to make a decision regarding intake manifolds. I have my original
>260 V-8 on a stand and I am nearing the completion of a " replacement "
>engine. I have a 1987 302 which I plan on installing once I get all the misc
>sorted out....and I have a lot to sort out !!!
>
>      1987 302 block
>
>      bored over .040
>      line honed,balanced etc..
>      stock crank and rods magna fluxed and trued etc..
>      crank studded-in with ARP fasteners
>      TRW aluminum pistons fly-cut to match heads
>      windsor jr. heads 2.020 intake & 1.600 exhaust
>      heads ported and polished 3 angle cut valve job
>      titanium push rods
>      Harland Sharpe roller rockers 1.6
>      file cut top ring to .017             2cd ring to .010
>      motorsport x303 cam
>      high flow oil pump
>      7 qt. moroso oil pan 7/16 milodon windage tray/studs
>      high flow edelbrook water pump
>      Pete Jackson dual idler timing gear
>      original flywheel resurfaced
>      Arp studs for heads and throughout
>      engine assembly balanced
>      cam straight up
>      MSD IGNITION 6AL & MSD Distributor
>
>My question concerns intakes.
>
>Has anyone tried the Victor Jr. intake ?  Pro's &  Con's ??  Will it clear a
>stock hood ??
>I have heard several intake options....weiand.....performer etc....
>
>How about carbs ???     anyone ever tried running an electric water pump ?
>
>As always..thanks for the info.
>
>Thanks ,
>   Sincerely,
>       Kirt  B9473199

Kirt,

I like your choice of cam. I used this one once and it worked great -  for
a hydraulic cam. Now I'm using the Motorsport 313 solid lifter cam and like
it even better. Since you are using the stock connecting rods, your high
end rpm will be pretty limited, so pick the other components accordingly.
The Torker and other high rpm intakes would be a bad choice. For the
street, stick with a dual plane design.

Bob

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com