Re: List Problems

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com,
Subject: Re: List Problems
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:46:50 -0800
At 04:07 PM 1/25/99 -0500, STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:
>     Hi guys:
>
>     I've heard from two people who have said that at least one of my
>     recent Tiger list submissions have been unreadable when distributed.
>     A paragraph of symbols rather than text.  Yet others seem to get them
>     OK, since I've received logical replies to my comments.  Anybody have
>     ideas what's going on?
>
>     Stu

Stu,

Out of your four transmission so far this year, only one was garbled at my
end. It was date 1/8/99 and the subject was "Sunbeam for Sale". I think
what may have happened was you copied some HTML text from another source
and pasted it into your List e-mail. Remember, the list server only accepts
plain text messages. My e-mail program warns me when I'm sending anything
but plain text, which has saved me from making this mistake on a couple of
occasions.

You may want to re-send your 1/8/99 message after converting the text from
HTML to plain.

Regards,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com