Re: Hydraulic pressures

To: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hydraulic pressures
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:38:51 -0800
At 07:03 PM 1/24/99 -0800, Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

>>Bob
>

>Hi Bob, I think I'm finally getting it, Italians are dense you know.  I was
>wondering if it might just be the way the brake master cyl. is constructed,
>that causes problems when we remove the booster.  On my series I alpine the
>brake master cyl. was a little different in it's internal design.  It was
>much simpler almost like the clutch master.    The brakes worked great on
>that car and there was no booster.  Just a thought.
>
> Did you take your car out today? I almost did but got sidetracked with
>"Yard Work"  It was a nice day though, I think I got a little sunburned.
>Or was that embarrassed. Regards Armand
>
>ritchie@mcn.org
>Armand & Lorie Ritchie

Armand,

My beast has been down the past few days with a lame fuel pump. It just
barely got me home the other evening. It's a little disconcerting to be
driving on the freeway in heavy traffic and start losing power
intermittently. Lucked out again though. I've got a Mallory model 70 pump.
Costs 15$ for a rebuild kit (brushes and gaskets) and 8 or 10 days
delivery. Hopefully, this weekend we'll be on the road again. Now maybe if
I hooked up a foot operated air pump to the fuel tank vent tube, I could
pump enough gas to get me home in a pinch. Just a thought.

Now be careful with your abuse of the Italians Armand. Wasn't Leonardo da
Vinci Italian? I always admired old Leo as one of the best scientific minds
the world has known. Also, I now have two grandchildren named Dizinno, so I
guess we're sort of related.

Just to show you there are no hard feelings Armand, I'm going to give you
first dibbs on a slightly used Lou Anderson Acme Ackerman kit. For the
princely sum of just $5, plus shipping, this historic engineering Rube
Goldberg can be yours. Just send a money order and your mailing address,
and in just a few days, this rare item can start gathering dust on your
garage shelf instead of mine. I'll even send along all the documentation
and installation instructions that go with it. Now, be warned, I can only
give you preference for a short time. Then, this valuable item goes to the
highest bidder.

Regards,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com