Parts needed

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts needed
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:25:37 -0600
Hey, guys:

I've been needing to do this for a long time but just haven't done it for
one reason or another (none of them good...).  The PO of my Tiger put a
hipo generator pulley on instead of a factory pulley.  He thought he was
going to have a really wild motor in the car and his objective, of course,
was to slow down the revolutions of the generator at high engine rpm.
However, to accomplish this he had to put all kinds of weird spacers on the
generator mounting ears on the bracket to get the darn generator to line up
with the other pulleys involved.  It works but looks horrible!!!  He also
had to go with what I think is an alternator adjuster slide (the piece that
runs from the water pump over to the bottom of the generator).  It is
definitely not the right bracket.

By now you have no doubt figured out that I am begging for an original
generator pulley and lower adjuster slide bracket.  If it makes any
difference, the car is a Mk1A,  B382001600.  I would be eternally grateful
for any help.

Thanks much,
Andy Walker

BTW:  I'd like to post some pictures of my Tiger on the internet just to
show you "coasters" what a nice "landlocked" Tiger looks like.  Anybody
know where I could post them?  I have access to a scanner but, I must
admit, this type of thing is all new to me.  I'd have to be walked through
it.  But, if there is any interest, I'll sure try it!