inquiry 012999j

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 012999j
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:04:16 -0500
        Well, my wallet is now a bit lighter. I just got off the phone
with Dale's All British where I ordered: (a) rear disc brake kit, (b)
front ventilated rotors, (c) rear springs, and (d) fulcrum pin and
bushing set.  Costs three times what I paid for my entire first Sunbeam
(SV Alpine rustbucket), didn't get free shipping or even a T-shirt. Oh,
well, I really wanted this stuff.
        Doh! Forgot to ask if they had a door striker retainer plate
lying around.
        Somebody just brought me a copy of British Car with the article
covering..... huh? Tigers East / Alpines West? Hey, you left-coasters
have your own clubs, d*mmit!
        The next few phone calls to Barry Schonberger (e-mail down?),
Classic Sunbeam, Rick Mcleod and Dan Walters will collectively blow the
budget, just like I always do. Last night Susan wanted to know what the
Garage Queen was worth; when I told her how many thousands of dollars
the car would fetch, in todays' market, _short_ of what we've spent so
far, she didn't even bat an eye. Amazing.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com