inquiry 020299a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 020299a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:28:37 -0500
Fordzrus@aol.com wrote:
> Q: How many Internet mail list subscribers does it
>                   take to change a light bulb?
>                   A: 1,331
        Actually 1,332. All of the above plus one to go back into the
list archives and re-post after two years.  :^). I don't remember the
exact date, but this has been on the List before. :^) Oops, almost
forgot; me too! :^)

        Thanks, everyone, for the advice on removing undercoating. Last
night I bought a 6" wire wheel and arbor for my drill and will try that.
I guess I can buy some chemical stripper too. Hadn't thought about the
gasket scraper; I have one and will try it. I dunno about holding dry
ice up against the underside of the car. :^) Yeah, this would've been a
lot easier if I had taken the car down to a bare shell years ago when I
had the paint & body work done, but I didn't. The underside of the car
looks really sound, except one exhaust pass-through could/should be
replaced someday; some chance that I'll give up for now on stripping it
and concentrate on the suspension & brakes.

        Finally found someone to sell the a hub puller. One hundred and
two dollars. Gee, I might stop at the local tool rental place tonight.

        I had dinner last night in a local restaurant with a
horse-racing theme, we sat in a booth that looked like a horse stall.
For backrests there were these pads hung on leather straps with buckles;
perhaps horse stalls have 'em, I dunno as I don't ride. Well these
straps hung off the walls of the 'stall' with brackets that were a dead
ringer for those on the forward wall of the trunk of a Tiger, the ones
that the straps for the false trunk floor drop into. And I don't mean
similar, these look exact. Hey, were the originals supposed to be
chromed like that? Dang, I didn't have a Phillips screwdriver with me,
either.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP