Re: SUNI Transportation

To: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUNI Transportation
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:08:52 -0800 (PST)
>Is anyone going to SUNI who might have room to take along an Alpine engine
>and transmission from LA?
>Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions on how to ship them from LA
>to Ohio?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jay

Hay Jay, look in your yellow pages for a trucking terminal in you area and
try and talk to the dispatcher and ask if there is a truck going to ohio
with space for you engine and trans.  You will probably have to take them
to the terminal I don't think they will pick them up.  Just a thought.
Also a few years ago a friend of mine sent four mag rims with tires on a
southern pacific freight train from california to florida. He just took
them to the SP freight terminal and they just weighed them and charged him
a fee.  He didn't have to box them or anything.  So that's another idea.
hope this helps

regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie