Now has Tiger Content (was Re: NO TIGER CONTENT)

To: marrone@wco.com, CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Now has Tiger Content (was Re: NO TIGER CONTENT)
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:27:15 EST
In a message dated 2/6/99 9:40:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, marrone@wco.com
writes:

> In my opinion the Vic is a nice looking car.  I can't really understand
>  Robs "UGH" comment but I guess if you don't like big cars then a Crown Vic
>  won't appeal to you.

Having read your message, I retrack my "ugh."  It's definitely better than a
mini-van.
But we only have 1 small daughter, so we haven't faced the people mover
problem.

Tiger Content - does anyone have any ideas on how to repair a cracked finisher
that goes under the wing window?  It's a chromed piece of pot metal.  My
passenger side is cracked and I just noticed the Tiger part is different from
the Alpines so I can't switch.  I was thinking a backing plate followed by
welding, but then you'd need someone that could weld pot metal. Then followed
by rechroming.  As Jim Barrett pointed out to me the padding  under the Tiger
part means the finisher is unsupported and prone to cracking.  In replacing
it, I will probably place a piece of tubing and washer around the screw to
help support the part.

One more question:  Is the frame around the Tiger wing window stainless steel
or chromed steel?  I was thinking about trying to polish mine but only if it
is stainless.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl