Engine Removal Cart

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Removal Cart
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:23:23 -0800
Listers,

The engine support/removal cart described in a few of the postings need not
be made out of steel. For those of you who do not have a MIG welder in the
garage, plywood is a viable alternative. I pulled my engine twice in the
first 6 months of Tiger ownership and used a cart that I made out of
plywood and 2"x4"s to do it. The cart I made supports the engine at the oil
pan mating surface not the bottom of the pan, and can be used with the oil
pan, starter and headers in place. Depeding on which type of castors you
use on the cart, you only have to jack  the lower edge of the front valance
2' off the garage floor to roll the engine/transmission out from underneath
the car. The cart also serves as a great way to store your original 260
when you swap in the 302 or hipo 289. It will support the weight of the
complete engine, bell-housing and transmission assembly.

Mike