Borg Warner Inc.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Borg Warner Inc.
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 10:48:57 -0800
Listers,

My last discussion with my BW Factory contact was about a year ago.  He
informed me that BW had sold all of the rights for their T series
transmissions to Tremec and that they were in the phase out for production
in the US.  All of these T series should by now be coming from the Mexican
Tremec plant.  BW was in the process of retooling the Indiana plant
exclusively for the huge 4 wheel drive market.  I didn't get into specifics
on the 4wd stuff 'cause I was looking for my Ford spec T-56.  I ended up
buying the T-56 from the D & D, the standard retail outlet.  FYI this was
my source for  the knowledge that the tooling for the AMC T-5 tailhousing
had been reconfigured and reused several years ago.

Tom