Cleaning contacts

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cleaning contacts
From: "Bill and Carol Rogers" <milward@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:43:10 -0800
Hi Listers:  We took off last w/e from SoCal with the Tiger headed for
Pismo and Paso Robles for the annual Central Coast Brit car club wine tour.
 Everything was fine until I turned onto the freeway when the electrical
instruments, turn signal, stop lights and (useful at the time) wipers
stopped.  Hit a bump - instruments returned, use turn signal - no power.
Fuse OK so clearly a loose connection or corrosion.  I lightly crimped
connectors and scraped spade terminals on the fuse box and had no more
trouble in spite of steady rain.  A 35 year old piece of Joe Lucas gear
strikes again. Other LBC owners reccomended a new fuse box and I have
ordered one from Rick at SS.

Now for the question.  What is the best way to clean the terminals on the
wiring harness?  Has anyone used something like silver dip with a water
rinse?  Any suggestions?
Bill Rogers