Mufflers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mufflers
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:02:38 -0800
Scott,

Looking in Jegs mail order catalog, I noticed the stainless mufflers
available were, Edelbrock 304 series, $99.00, Edelbrock RPM series with a
409 stainless case, lifetime warranty $80.00 to $100.00. Borla 304
stainless case, listed only with a complete system (no Tiger listing). A
stainless Turbo muffler for $95.00, and Supertrapps for $100.00 to $113.00.

I have no personal experience with any of the above listed products, so I
can offer no advice on them. I'm just passing along information.

As far as my car is concerned, I run 2 chamber Flowmasters on a custom
aluminized tube system fed by CAT 1 5/8" merged collector headers. The fit
on the CAT headers is good and the car sounds great, loud, but great. If
you do choose the CAT header check them for leaks before you install them,
mine leaked.

Mike