Re: Minilites

To: rande@thecia.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Minilites
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:50:37 EST
In a message dated 2/13/99 9:39:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, rande@thecia.net
writes:

<< there's always Rick/Sunbeam Specialties hopefully getting more
 stock of Minilites. Take this from a parts guy, Rick is the leader, and
 we’re lucky he’s doing Sunbeam parts. To borrow from a rental company
 ad, there is RICK, and there is "not exactly".

 Between using Panasports and Minilites, you shouldn’t have to go
 elsewhere to get that wheel look for your car. >>

I completely agree with your comments on Rick's operation, he is always
helpful and professional.
While Panasports and Minilites are available and look great (kind of period
correct even in a 14" diameter), I am trying to source something a little
different. I seems there are really only three choices for Tiger wheels these
days: 8-spoke (minilite), LAT 70 and stock, steel. I know there are still sets
of the American Racing Libres out in the swap meets, but they are 13" diameter
in a Tiger correct bolt pattern and offset, as far as I know, and 13" tires
are getting to be a real pain in the axx to find.
Has anyone explored Halibrand's current offerings? I would love to find a 14"
wheel with that 60's magnesium race wheel look. Any other ideas?
Mike Wood