Re: Alloy wheels

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alloy wheels
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:52:20 -0500
A week or so ago I asked for some help/advice about a couple of sets of
alloy wheels I have. I received no useful response, but I suppose that
the description I provided was not very useful. If anyone can help, I
have provided a photo of the two wheels at
http://www.igs.net/~edalsj/Wheels.jpg.

Here is a modified description of the wheels I provided in my first
message....

 First, there are 5 Ford rims, 5 1/2J x 13, with eight "spokes". They
appear from the markings to have been made in 1974. There are a number
of different markings on the inside in various places...."K.A.2", "F-D",
"INSP/WD042", "L", "2", "74", "HT 7 L 74". Nothing that I would
recognise as a stock number. The axial distance from the mounting
surface to the inside rim is 4 3/8"...is this what is referred to as
offset ? As they are, they will not fit the front hubs because of a
slight fouling with the centre shoulder of the hub. Some very minor
machining on the wheel could alleviate this problem to avoid using
spacers.

Second, there were 4  ET IV 13 x 5.50. The axial distance, as above, for
these wheels is 3 1/16".

I also got a box of assorted spacers ranging from 1/16" to 1/4", all
with the correct hub bolt pattern, plus chromed nuts for each set, and 8
hexagonal hub stud extenders (hex section about 1 1/4" long). The ET's
also had chromed "oval" inserts for the wheels to produce the correct
bolt pattern.

Is either of these sets useful or recommended for the Tiger?

Any and all observations would be welcomed.

John Slade
Manotick, ON
B9470349