Fuel pump leaks

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump leaks
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:45:25 EST
Actually a leaking fuel pump is something that should
be addressed as soon as feasible.

I agree that the auto-ignition temperature of what dealers
are now calling gasoline is high enough that the leak should
auto ignite.  But any external spark will create an exciting
situation.  The stupid fuel pump will continue pumping and
feeding the fire until the gas tank is empty of the electric
wire burns through.

I have seen two burned Tigers where the fire started at the
fuel pump.

The Moral:  Don't fool with Mother Nature.  Fix the leak.
                  And ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher that is
                  easy to get to.  I have rescued more than one
                  Shelby Mustang with my extinguisher.

Doug Jennings at Tiger Auto was selling replacement pumps
that have worked quite well.  Of course we all know that
original pump is the same as was used in Jaguar XKE's
except the Jaguars cost more.  That's because Jaguar
owners deserve to pay more since they aren't going to fix
it themselves.  They fix their cars with checkbooks.