Re: 302 swap issues

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 302 swap issues
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:38:47 -0500

> I'm guessing I need to let them know the specifics on:
> *       Flywheel size

Depends on what bell housing you are going to use.

> *       Isn't front cover & water pump Tiger specific?

Yes/No You can "Move the fan mounting flange to correct spacing"

> *       Any chance that exhaust ports on the various alum heads around are
> not all the same as stock? We have Aluminum Dart JR. heads (similar to
> Canfield)

Don't know but the width of the heads are important I have about .003 clearance
between the
headers and moter mounts.

> I haven't heard of anyone replacing the belt driven fan with an electric
> fan. You know of a reason why or of anyone who's taken this route? I do see
> a lot of supplemental pusher fans in front of the radiator.

There was a larger thread on this last month check the archives.

Doug