Re: Fuel Pumps

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Pumps
From: Thomas Jeffers <jeffers@mwt.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:23:36 -0800
CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

> One more time!
>   Does anyone have a part # for a currently available JC Whitney fuel pump or
> another reasonably priced brand?   (easily adaptable to the Tiger) Mark L.
I have been using a Walbro, model WEP 12, universal electric fuel pump
on my Mark 1 for over 6 years (25,000 miles) with no problems.  It came
with a mounting bracket that I was able to use after bending it 90
degrees.  No drilling needed (car or bracket).  Make line connections
with lengths of 5/16" ID bulk gas line hose cut to fit.  When I removed
the lines from the orginial pump, I moved the flange nuts back to make
room for the length of bulk gas line hose.  That way if I ever wanted to
put an orginal pump back on, that hardware would still be there.  Be
sure to save your old pump as you will need some parts from it if you
ever put an orginal back on.
Tom