How to slow down a Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: How to slow down a Tiger
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:33:36 -0500
Folks,
        As I am sure that most of you find your Tiger
simply has too much power and top end speed, I have a simple
solution for you.  Pull the motor ( rebuild it or what ever)
Re insert the motor/ transmission.  While you are at it
smash the 5/16" fuel line that passes through the transmission
tunnel with the end of the transmission.  This will be very
effective in slowing you down while attempting 5000 RPM plus
with your newly installed motor.
        I just spent the day replacing a very damaged 5/16"
fuel line with a new 3/8" steel line.  The line was in two
pieces.  The piece that went over the rear axle and the rest
of it.  I removed the original lines and then bent the
3/8" line to more or less match.  I have cheap import tubing
tubing bender that was used (with difficulty) to make the
27 or so bends in the lines.  Recommend a US made tubing bender,
not the Far East version.  Got the bender as a gift so I can't
complain to my wife.  Just don't use JC Whitney as a tool source.

        By the way, I now have less than 1 foot total of rubber
hose in the fuel line, so that makes the fuel line legal for NHRA.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others