inquiry 022299h

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 022299h
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:26:13 -0500
James Barrett wrote:
>At 08:42 AM 2/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>PINEWOOD: Didn't someone on the list a year or so back say they had
some
>>form of CAD database for a Tiger body, with the car sliced up like a
>>loaf of bread?
>>Lawrence R. Wright
>Lawrence,
>        Yes, I have such a drawing, about 153 layers at 1". I sent a
note to the Pinewood builders.
>It is in Autocad rev 12+.
        Using 1/16" thick balsa or basswood or whatever, you end up with
a 1/16 scale car 9-1/2" long, perhaps too big for a pinewood derby car,
perhaps too big to pull a mold off of for R/C car bodies. Sure would
look neat if every other layer was stained dark before assembly, though.
Hmmm, might be looking at a lot of end grain. 1/8" material gives a 19"
car. Just as well I haven't budgeted for a benchtop scoll saw for the
workshop, this could be distracting.

Dave Binkley wrote:
>26 SUNBEAM Selling this magnificent machine in New Zealand on behalf of
>client who restored it in 1990. This 5446cc V8 has since covered
8,000km
>around New Zealand and is in mint condition.
        Gee, read it several times before noticing "26"; and I used to
think that those early 'Beams were straight eights, not V-blocks. I'd
figured 5446cc to be around 332 cubic inches, which would be (?) an old
Ford FE big block which I didn't think would fit in a Tiger, it all had
me confused for a minute.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP