Wheel Stud Update

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel Stud Update
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:40:47 -0500
     I found some new wheel studs that have a flute diameter that could be
     the same as the ones that came out (when new, they're obviously used
     now), so I'll give these a try this weekend.

     This morning, a mechanical engineer here at HP recommended that the
     hole diameter should  be about half way between the peak and inner
     diameter of the flutes.

     I have another hub that probably just needs a cleanup, but if I can
     get the new studs in without having to remove the present hub, then so
     much the better.  If I have to remove the caliper, then I might as
     well rebuild it, and since the system would be open, I might as well
     do the others.....You've heard of Topsy, right?  I wanted to save the
     brake job for warmer weather.  I gets damned cold in that garage.

     Thanks for the comments.

     Stu