Sun Visors

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sun Visors
From: "W John Gardiner" <johngard@vianet.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:48:32 -0500
Greetings

The sun visors for my MK 1A were stained but otherwise in excellent shape. I
tried everything to clean the vinyl coverings but to no avail. I ended up
painting them with a white vinyl paint. They looked great. But my wife
couldn't stand the smell of the curing paint, so she put them in the garage.
A short time later, someone (nobody will confess) knocked one of them to the
ground and because the temperature was -25 degrees Celsius, the vinyl
cracked on impact ruining the visor.

Has anyone found a vehicle whose visors are similar in shape and size to the
Tiger's? Or has anyone had their visors redone with new heat sealed vinyl or
otherwise satisfactorily reupholstered?

I am aware of SS's $100 offering and may end up going that route.

John in cooold Ontario