Re: FOMOCO Scattershield

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FOMOCO Scattershield
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:46:12 EST
Dr Maif,

I'm not sure what Wedge scattershield you have, because I have never see one
as you describe it.  The FOMOCO I referred to is a one piece unit, as shown in
photos on page 119 of Gordon Chittenden's Performance Tuning the Sunbeam
Tiger, on page 64 of The Book of Norman, and on page 23 of the 1967 Ford High
Performance manual.  It was also marked "N.H.R.A. App."  Dimensions of the
FOMOCO unit did not present any problems in mounting the clutch slave bracket.

At the time you could buy these things new, I recall that Ansen marketed a
5-bolt unit with a removable bottom section.  Maybe Wedge made it for them,
and this is what you have?  Interesting!

Dick Barker