inquiry 022499c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 022499c
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:54:26 -0500
Fordzrus wrote:
>    Scientists at NASA had developed a gun whose purpose is to launch
>  dead chickens at extreme velocities.  No, this isn't the result of
>  over-competitive engineers at the annual Goddard Chicken Toss
>  (though that would be a perfectly understandable consequence.)  The
>  gun is used to shoot dead chickens at the windshields of airline
>  jets, military jets, and the space shuttle,

Well, now we know how McNuggets were invented.

BTW, I was reading some old tech hints (CAT? STOA?) and they mentioned
examining the Panhard rod bracket on the frame rail, looking for
evidence of cracking on the frame (mine does). They suggest cutting off
the bracket, welding the frame, and then fabricating a new bracket to be
bolted on. Cutting it off? Mine is already bolted on, rather long bolts,
and a plate on the other side of the frame rail to "sandwich"(no, not a
chicken sandwich) the frame. Was my car modified at one point?

And I did hear back from Energy Suspensions, or at least their
distributor; they recommended cleaning poly bushings with WD-40. I'll
try that.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP