radiator recommendation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator recommendation
From: "Schotland" <gary@schotland.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:21:34 -0500
Hi Guys,

The 289 I'm having built for my car will be "warm" - around 250hp.
Should I get a steel 4 row radiator or a single row aluminum one?

How much is Paul Reisenitz (sp?) selling his 4 row unit for these
days?  Does anyone have any good/bad experience with it they
can offer regarding fit and overall quality?  Does he normally stock
these?

Doug Jennings of Tiger Auto mentioned to me last October that he
was planning a small run of 1 row aluminum rads for about $375ea,
but I never heard anything about it after that.  Does anyone know
whether he still has any available?  Can anyone who's purchased
one offer some insight on fit/quality/effectiveness vs. 4 row steel?

I purchased a CAT 4 row rad about 7 years ago for my other Mk1a
and have been very pleased with its performance.  A few people
who have purchased more recently told me they had big problems
with fit and had to do major mods.  Any idea how good the latest
batch is?  Are even have them in stock?  I'm not currently a
member, but when I was 1-2 years ago it seemed they were
always out of stock and no one knew whn more would be coming
in?  How much are they selling for?

Thanks,

Gary Schotland