inquiry 030199c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 030199c
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:01:21 -0500
Various topics:

Chicken gun: I'm surprised this thread hung on so long. Did you know
that the original concept was developed by Desmond Kludge's 2nd cousin,
Otto Von Kludge of Dusseldorf? Late in the WWII, the Germans were trying
almost anything to "stem the tide", but supplies of raw materials were
running out. Insufficient metal could be found for anti-personnel
projectiles; alternatives were sought. Otto found what today would be
called a "renewable resource", you guessed it: chickens. Very few
Kluckenwerfers made it into action, and they caused fewer still
casualties, but some enterprising units stumbled upon using _live_
chickens, and the racket the understandably distressed chickens made
while passing overhead unnerved the Allied troops that encountered them.
After the end of hostilities, it's rumored that at least one
Kluckenwrfer made it into the hands of the US Air Force...

Zerk fittings: Some really cool pictures forwarded to me by Tom Hall of
his control arms got me to considering addition of Zerks to mine, and
also the swaybar bushings. What I don't know is what thread size to tap,
and whether there are various sizes/types available. Before I search the
web, which would require the correct spelling among other things, I
thought I'd ask you guys for a primer on Zerk fittings.

Dale: The concept of the Tiger community helping out sounds great; alas,
some of us are too remote, geographically, to contribute much. We can
send a get-well card. Someone could volunteer to assemble greetings and
get-well wishes from the Tiger Internet gang to print and carry to him.
And one thought might be to take a Tiger item or two and specifically
put it on eBay auction for the benefit of the Dale Fund. Jus' thinkin'.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com